Russian Real Estate Law
Marks & Sokolov’s Moscow based attorneys frequently advise on inbound investments into Russia and real estate investments, acquisitions, dispositions and projects throughout Russia. We have a high level of expertise in conducting due diligence analyses of target properties, drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, pledges and mortgages. In addition to representing investors, property owners, landlords and tenants, we also advise and assist lenders and borrowers regarding financing, loan restructuring and refinancing agreements. Our experience includes:
- $80 million Class A office space acquisition in Moscow.
- $50 million shopping mall acquisition in Naberezhnye Chelny.
- $40 million Moscow land acquisition.
- $30 million acquisition of two office buildings in Moscow.
- $30 million development of warehouses and an office center in Moscow.
- $17 million hotel acquisition in Moscow.
- Acquisition of a 5-star hotel in Novosibirsk.
- Land acquisition for warehouse development in St Petersburg.
- Land acquisition for a shopping mall development in Novosibirsk.
- Represented a foreign investor on a reconstruction project in the historical center of St. Petersburg.
- Prepared commercial real estate mortgages.
- Prepared and executed various commercial, office, and retail leases.
- Represented clients in the purchase of residential real estate.