Tel: +1 (215) 569-8901
Fax: +1 (215) 569-8912
Mobile: (856) 278-2442
An attorney in the Philadelphia office of Marks & Sokolov, Tom represents Western and Russian clients in complex commercial disputes including civil RICO, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Convention on the International Sale of Goods, ICC Arbitration, legal malpractice, lender liability, securities fraud, insurance defense and maritime matters. Tom has also drafted and negotiated consulting, employment, financing, joint venture, loan, procurement, purchase, sales, real estate and member/shareholder agreements.
- Successful result for Ukraine based client in arbitration matter before the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France related to an international construction dispute.
- Represented international client on commodity trading dispute governed by Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
- Recovered lost profits for a joint venture partner that was frozen out of the joint venture by the other partner.
- Represented LLC members in a dispute regarding ownership and control against other LLC members.
- Defended mortgage bankers against claims of fraud and regulatory violations.
- Removed a spouse from debt instruments where she was required to execute them in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
Defended employees accused of violating non-compete agreements and stealing proprietary information
Tom has also successfully represented major international petroleum companies on complex construction litigation matters, including:
- The Caribbean subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum Company in a matter involving a business interruption and property damage claim arising from a petrochemical construction project.
- Gulf Chemical Corporation/Caribbean Petroleum Corporation in the United States District Court, District of Puerto Rico in a construction dispute that involved contract interpretation.
- Sunoco on matters related to construction projects at its facilities in Puerto Rico and Pennsylvania.
- Ohio State University, B.S. Bus. Admin., 1986
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Russia and the CIS
- New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Consulegis: International Network of Law Firms and Lawyers
- International Bar Association